Your logo needs a change
By organizing your thoughts, you make it possible to start your own business venture. After working on many initial startup activities, the task of designing your corporate logo becomes mandatory. Naturally, you like to have a business logo that directly tells the viewers who you are and what is the purpose of your business. Therefore, you do lot of marketing and branding activities to make your company logo a perfect identity for your business. People start to recognize your logo whenever they see it on your marketing collateral. But sometimes it becomes necessary to change the design of your logo. This however doesnâ€™t mean that you change your logo completely. Few alterations in your logo may help you to give more contemporary feelings.
In the following lines I would like to discuss what you should improve in you logo with changing taste and design preferences.
Ask few questions before redesign
Ask yourself these questions, if your answers is no to all or most of the questions, than you should consider effective redesign.
1. See your logo closely not being as an owner rather being as a customer. What do you feel? Does the design appeal to you?
2. Do the color, font, style and other elements recognized easily?
3. Is it looks fresh and modern with contemporary logo design trends?
4. Is it successful in portraying a business image to your target audience?
5. Is it compatible with all the advertising and marketing mediums?
6. Is it unique and doesnâ€™t match with any other logo?
Reasons for facelift
Itâ€™s sometimes become crucial to give your logo a new look. There are quite a few reasons which can justify the above mentioned comments:
1. Giving a new look to your logo can be eye-catching to viewers. The graphics, images, colors, fonts used in the logo must all reveal the aesthetic element of the design. If the logo you have does not meet the above standard, a logo redesign is highly recommended to earn benefit out of the logo.2. Fonts, colors, and all the other elements should be located in your logo in such a way that they are easily visible to the viewers. If the fonts are hard to read, or logo is over-crowded with too many colors, it tends to irritate the customer and he wonâ€™t be able to recognize your logo when
he sees it next time. Whereas, simple and easy to recognized logo will provide the viewer to memorize it at a glance. If your current logo has necessary message buried and irritates the viewer in finding the purpose of your business, then a logo redesign is a turnkey solution to draw attention of the viewers.
3. The style of your logo is another very important factor. There may be many things you wish to put in your logo, but at the same time you must keep in mind that the style should be similar to the characteristic like the type of your business or the kind of your target audience. If the logo you own does not suitably portray your business purpose to the old customers, logo redesign is necessary in order to carry targeted message accurately and efficiently.
4. The logo design trends are constantly changing. New trends like Web 2.0, Waves, and Organic 3D are in the market that make logos look fresher and eye-catching and portray the companyâ€™s image as an innovative and modern. Thus, if your logo is not according to the current logo design trends, and doesnâ€™t look fresh and modern, you will not be able to battle with competition. When such things happen, giving your logo a face lift can prove to be enormously successful.
5. Determine how you are going to use your logo on different marketing and advertising mediums like billboards, brochures, letterheads, pens, buttons etc., therefore, logo is meant to be versatile, and its design should bestowed to any use imaginable. But, if your logo is not compatible with all the available mediums, itâ€™s better to consider redesign.
Finally, I must say, logo is one of the vital branding element and the key to potential success of your business. And if you update your logo with changing trends, that not only make it more appealing to the customers, but also helps you in generating more sales.